Today I teach my last class. It will certainly be the last class I will teach here, and it may be the last class I will ever teach. My students frustrate me and push me and generally drive me mad, and part of me will be glad when I have graded my last expository (freshmen) writing paper.
But....
But...............
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Teaching is the thing I miss most. But with few exceptions (i.e. "incidents"), I always enjoyed working with students.
I'll still be working with them for a few days more. They have final papers due on Friday, and we have a written exam next Thursday. But I'll never stand at the front of a classroom again. At least, not in this way and not here. Despite the frequent pain in the ass of teaching, it's sad. I will miss it... and my students.
I miss teaching a lot some days. Although I'm still in education, there's such a disconnect between what I do and the people who are learning that I really miss it.
But then one of my friends who is teaching grouses about marking, and I remember that there are parts of teaching that I really don't miss!
Post a Comment