The mornings have turned crisp and cool again, so I composed a post in my head during my bike ride this morning about my desire for autumn. But now that I sit down to type it out, the words drop away like overripe fruit. They can provide me no succor, no sustenance. The sight and smell of them merely increases my hunger with promise that cannot be fulfilled through longing.
Instead, let me feast upon thoughts of the summer that is still here in all it's ripe plenitude. Certainly there have been and will continue to be trials, like predatory insects snacking on the harvest that is mine, but these things pale in comparison to the bounty that remains.
Better health than I've enjoyed in years, the company of a wonderful spouse, the escapades of two rambling puppies, and the time to appreciate it all.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment