What a difference a day can make.
Yesterday, I went home ready for a beer and a book. Nothing bad happened, but all the little things that make up a day had been stress-laden and vexing. All of them. Leaving me desperate for comfort and retreat. But I couldn't have that even then because I had to take a midterm exam after dinner. So I slugged through the day, only to have bad dreams during the night, no doubt prompted by daytime anxieties.
Today, everything is different. All of those little things have been a joy and a delight. First, my Scottish Terrier was in a frisky mood this morning and engaged me in a little game of chase that he and I occasionally play together. It never fails to amuse me, and I think he knows it. Then I got to work to discover that my state tax refund had been processed and disbursed, something I didn't expect for awhile, if ever, and a friend sent me a YouTube link to an absolutely hilarious rendition of "Danny Boy" by Muppets Animal, Beaker, and Swedish Chef.
It's supposed to be a sunny and pleasant 70 degrees Fahrenheit this afternoon. I think I'll go for a bike ride after work.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment