It turned cooler (mid-80s) here for about two days, but now it is nearly 100 degrees again. The lakes are lower than I've ever seen them, some are practically ponds now, and the creeks are all stagnant. Most of the plants in my garden are dying despite my daily watering, and the grass is disappearing from my backyard faster than wedding dresses at the Filene's Basement annual bridal sale.
In addition, I'm on jury duty. I was called and appeared on Tuesday as my civic duty demanded, and I was chosen as an alternate juror on a criminal trial that is expected to continue for the rest of the week. I've never been involved in proceedings like this before; I've only experienced the television version of them. It's very interesting, and I would probably be enjoying myself except... I spent all last weekend catching up on school work, and being in court all day is putting me behind again. I feel the stress starting to build with each day that passes.
And of course, that's not all. I could go on with the litany of petty annoyances, but I don't care to rehash them. The point is, I'm annoyed and cranky, which makes me more annoyed and cranky. Do you ever just get tired of being angry?
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment